Monday, October 15, 2012

MBA Thesis Writing

The next thing that I’m going to share is how I organized my schedule, my timetable, and my life when I was doing my thesis.

I know already that my 1st sem will be a very busy. I enrolled TW1 and one subject as advised by the Faculty Secretary. By the way, that one subject was handled by my adviser.

Here’s my normative schedule:

Saturday:
Go to school to do research and attend a class
Stay in the library and have a little corner with all my stuffs. I have 3 bags – laptop bag, resources bag (photocopies and some books), and of course my bag with my usual stuff (water, wallet, umbrella, snacks, etc, etc, etc.) One of my classmates always checks the number of bags that I carry. She will check if my stuff are still complete which I really appreciate J

Sunday:
I really told my mother that I will not be contributing much in doing household chores and she totally understands. I sometimes go to the office and stayed in the garden to write. The place is quiet, conducive to writing, contemplating and tinkering.

Weekdays:
Of course I have work.

I snatch some office hours in downloading some files. That’s why I usually have two monitors in front of me – I have my desktop doing office works and my laptop downloading some files, researching, browsing and emailing. I cannot think and write of course while in the office that’s why I multitask.

Then when I’m home, I write, read, write, read…endless reading and writing from all the information I got.

I sometimes go to my adviser and our TW1 professor for consultation after work.

I also have to rush to some places to get materials or information.

So, for those who are planning to write their thesis, visualize yourself being busy and always rushing to go somewhere, to meet someone or to catch your mentors.

Actually, after you’re done with your degree, you will ask yourself, “What am I going to do every Saturday and Sunday?” Funny but it happened to me and to my classmates. During our graduation day, that was March 29, 2008, Saturday, me and my classmates were eating some finger foods served by the Graduate School for the graduating students while waiting for the start of the commencement ceremony.

Classmate: Ano na gagawin ko tuwing Saturday? (What am I going to do every Saturday?)
Me: Oo nga noh! Ano na nga ba? Di na ko busy!! (Yeah, you’re right! What are we going to do? I’m not busy anymore!!)


No comments: